‘That great Kenyan novel will eventually come. Perhaps, it will even emerge online, like the novels of Alexander Nderitu.’ ‐ Joyce Nyairo, cultural analyst, in the ‘Daily Nation’ (Sep 4, 2015)
'WHEN THE WHIRLWIND PASSES' was Africa’s first digital novel and remains one of the most downloaded. A review in the Daily Nation’s ‘SATURDAY' magazine (Nov 2002) described it thus:
'Brilliantly written...The story is fast-paced and the characters are built well. This is a book that is guaranteed to keep you seated ...If you can access the book, please do. It will be worth the energy.'
The author is currently working on the sequel (set in Nairobi city and revolving around Margaret Njeri’s beautiful-but-sassy daughter from the prequel) and you can be in it. Yes, YOU!!! You can make an appearance in the novel as a ‘fictional’ character!
1. Read ‘When the Whirlwind Passes’ by Alexander Nderitu. It is freely available via the Worldreader app from Google Play Store (https://read.worldreader.org/Book/Details/d3b42c46-fb80-4c04-9e53-a84b50bdbcb2)
2. Write or record a review.
3. Post the review to a publicly-accessible place on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, YOUTUBE or TWITTER, accompanied by the hashtags #WhenTheWhirlwindPasses and #AlexanderNderitu
4. We will find the reviews online (be genuine) and pick five winners to be announced in the month of June 2019.
5. There is no restriction on the nationality or location of the reviewer but the review must be in the English language.
- The best review, according to the author, will win Kshs 5,000 (USD$ 50) to be delivered via PayPal.
There are no restrictions on length, style etc but if this is your first time to write a book review, you can find some useful tips here: http://teacher.scholastic.com/writewit/bookrev/tips.htm
Got questions/inquiries? Hit us up via www.AlexanderNderitu.com